“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt 16:18
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Eph 2:10
“But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.” 2 Cor 4:7
TOBC is a mission church, mission status is different from self-supporting status. Mission status is when a church is not locally self-supporting but depends at least partially upon the support of mission funds or a mission Pastor from a larger religious organization. TOBC must think and function like a mission church not a self-supporting church. One thing we must expect if TOBC is to go forward—change. All growth brings change.
Nonnegotiable goals needed to graduate from Mission status:
• Church growth numerically and spiritually.
• New family center or auditorium planned and completed.
• Full-time Pastor budgeted and called.
• Leadership trained and serving.
Growth Action Plan:
• Consider ways of “restarting” the church for community awareness. (financial benefit as well)
• Develop new website, logo, sign, social media, database, network, etc.
• Create new literature for distribution/mass mailing, interpersonal, email and advertising.
• Work hard on having an outward focus toward the community. (volunteer service projects, community involvement, good works)
• Be willing to give up preferences and comforts to reach others.
• Pray specifically for unbelievers to be saved and added to the church.
Building Action Plan:
• Continue necessary upkeep and maintenance on existing buildings and properties.
• Do cost-effectiveness analysis on remodeling the “education” building into an auditorium.
• Check building codes, restrictions and fees for remodeling “education” bldg.
• Develop building plan for a new family center or auditorium.
• Investigate possible grants and missionary builder help.
• Locate a contractor that would allow volunteer help.
Financial Action Plan:
• Refinance church loan and repay ASAP.
• Appropriate money from savings account to vital projects.
• Establish a building fund when loan is retired which will later turn into Pastor’s salary.
• Evaluate church budget and adjust as needed to align with goals.
• Continue to budget generously for missions beyond local.
• Evaluate church financial protocol, financial software and personnel.
Leadership Action Plan:
• Exalt and worship God in all church activities.
• View the church as a truth-base for expository preaching and teaching of the Word.
• Make “active” membership a clear expectation.
• Have small group Bible studies where people can connect.
• Have a purposeful discipleship process with the goal of transformation not just education.
• Focus on developing relational skills centering on the Biblical “one anothers.”
• Identify and train those with leadership gifts for future leadership locally and elsewhere.